Created this FAQ page June 5th, 2018 by jmw
Pets and Animals
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: May I walk my dog off-leash on any part of the Canyon Creek HOA common property or Canyon Creek HOA Greenbelt area?
A: No. Even if your dog is well trained, for your safety and the safety of others, you are not permitted to allow your pet to be untethered while not on your property.
- Q: May I raise rabbits in my home?
A: No. Breeding and raising any animal for profit is against the Canyon Creek bylaws Articles 3.18 as well as certain City of Austin municipal City Code, Statue Section 25-2-900.
- Q: My neighbors dog is left alone and is allowed to bark for long periods of time. Is this allowed?
- If possible, try to be on positive speaking terms with your neighbors. If you feel comfortable in doing so, consider checking in on your neighbor and asking if everything is OK as you had noticed that the dog had been barking.
- If being neighborly fails to work, feel free to file a complaint with the management company contact@spectrumAM.com citing the date, time and duration of the incidences.
- Contact the Austin311 hotline and file a "Noise Issue - Barking Dog(s) / Roosters" complaint.
- Q: Do I need to pick up after my dogs?
A: Yes. Dog feces is toxic to lawns, causing burns and unsightly discoloring. Beyond your grass, it has been estimated that a single gram of dog waste can contain 23 million fecal coliform bacteria, which are known to cause cramps, diarrhea, intestinal illness, and serious kidney disorders in humans. Several "Doggie-Doo" stations have been provided along Boulder Lane for your convenience. These stations provide replacement bags and disposal receptacle. Please feel free to take a replacement bag if needed.
- Refer to the Canyon Creek bylaws Articles 3.18 for a complete list of the rules of the rules regarding pets and household animals. You may contact the management company at contact@SpectrumAM.com, or the HOA Board email@example.com if you have additional questions.