The Canyon Creek swimming pool is one of our most popular amenities. Whether the whole family wants to cool off or you want to get in some laps, our junior Olympic pool is a good place to start.
- Access - Residents can access the swimming pool area via a key-card. Please contact Spectrum Association Management to request a pool key using the Pool Key Request webpage. Login to SpectrumAM.com is required, please see more details at this page.
- Pool Hours - Our pool season begins in early April and closes in late October. During this time, the pool opens daily at 5:30 AM (except Mondays when the pool is closed for cleaning until 2 PM) and closes at 9 PM. The swimming pool is closed November through March and at other times for regular or emergency maintenance as needed.
- Lifeguards - Lifeguards help keep our community safe and are provided during the RRISD summer vacation and on some weekends in May and September, from 10:00 AM until 8:00 PM. Adult supervision is required at all other times.
- Safety - Please review carefully our pool rules at Canyon Creek Pool Rules. Security Cameras are located on premises, including the parking lot, for the safety of residents. The pool is 25 meters long and has 5 lanes. If you are a lap swimmer, the AM hours before 10:00 AM during the busy summer months are best to get those laps in. Otherwise, please be a respectful neighbor as we all share the pool. We recommend sunscreen be applied at least 30 minutes prior to entry to the pool, otherwise sunscreen chemicals can easily wash off in the pool and upset the water’s chemical balance. We encourage parents to remind their children that the lifeguard equipment and stands are at the pool for our safety. The lifeguard stands and equipment should be used only in the case of a water emergency.
- Pool Parties - All pool parties must be scheduled at least 2 weeks ahead with forms and fees turned in, so that parties are not double-booked. There must be a 1:5 adult to child ratio. If requested or deemed necessary, a lifeguard may be scheduled to service the party, with such service fees paid by the party sponsor/member prior the date of the party. Immediately following the party, the lifeguard responsible for the party will examine the area to determine if everything is clean and undamaged. The sponsoring member will be responsible for any damages caused by party patrons. If you’d like to schedule a pool party, please fill out the online Facility Reservation form at the Spectrum Association Management website, or use the Pool Party Reservation and Request Form, print it out, and follow the instructions on it. Thank you!
- Cyclones Swim Team - The Canyon Creek Cyclones Swim Team has taught more than one thousand children water safety and swimming skills since 2000. Swim Team season begins right after school is out and continues for six weeks. The practice and meet times are posted at the pool and on the team website each season. More information can be found on the team website - Canyon Creek Cyclones. Our swim team is a great way for Canyon Creek kids to improve swimming skills, increase endurance, learn water safety and have fun – all right here in the neighborhood! Please respect their equipment and practice times.
Thank you for reading! We hope you enjoy our neighborhood pool thoroughly and responsibly.